Sunday, February 28, 2010

My bro Len in Okinawa and his earthquake experience!

My younger brother Len lives in Ginoza, Okinawa. It's hot all year round down there and he has been hitting the surf a lot recently.

Len upside down in the surf about 2km off the coast of Ginoza, Okinawa.


Okinawa experienced the largest earthquake in over a century on saturday morning. I thought Len's description of what happened was very funny. Irish people have no idea about earthquakes. We are not used to them at all. When I experienced my first earthquake back in August only about a 1.5 or 2 on the scale, I thought I was loosing it from chemicals I had been using the night before to clean my bathroom. Another Irish friend of mine also woke up that morning in her apartment to the same shaking and noticed the main light above her swaying and she first thought, "oh the air conditioner is blowing very strong this morning"!
However when Len woke up to a 6.9er on the Richter scale hungover I think he knew what was going on!

I wrote this short blog entry on Irishfreestyle.com

Enjoy,









No comments:

Post a Comment