Thursday, December 17, 2009

Finally got internet

Wow I started this blog post back in December. It's now February, where does the time go?

I finally got internet after six months! It’s been way too long since my last update. Lets see a brief summery. Influenza, Mr.Miyagi arm wrestles, Thailand, lots of Onsen’s after cold kayaking sessions, judo beatings, cycling and random stuff in there that would only happen in a place like Japan. e.g. I saw a guy standing straight up on his chopper motorcycle doing about 50mph down the road, one foot on the handlebars one foot on the tank. Maybe that happens in Ireland too but I’ve never seen it.


Influenza...
I’m not sure about other people that have had N1H1 but I was having cool vivid dreams that would make million dollar movies! Yeah that good! I’m telling yeah. If you haven’t had N1H1 yet you’re missing out. I had a great time when I was asleep!!

Mr. Miyagi...
I met japans kayaking version of Mr Miyagi aka Master. The guy is 61 years old and still kicks ass in a kayak. He is a professional and teaches regular private one on one classes. He owns Chapel kayaking shop and it has writing and signatures on the walls from the likes of Ken Whiting from back in 97’, and then some posters with Rush Struges, Yonton and Jay Kincaid’s names from when they were there a few years ago. Master gave me some very detailed coaching on the river not holding back from telling me how faulty my skills were. It was motivating to hear what he had to say. Everything he said was translated for me by my good friend Nanae. She is a cool kayaker that has prefect English who actually made the whole weekend possible and invited me to go kayaking. It was also nice to see a 61 year old man school me in an arm wrestle with both arms I must add. One of his arms had been busted in a judo accident he showed me, but he still followed through and schooled my “sick” ass!...;) I was sick ok! You can see the red fever face I have in the photo on his blog found here.

http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/mchapel1/imgs/c/f/cfa9e6a3.JPG

Two birds with the one stone...


I decided to go shopping in kobe’s Ikea and get some stuff for my apartment! For a while I thought I was turning into a materialistic fool but I was getting fed up of the old bed sheets, cutting with blunt knives and of using the kitchen table as an ironing board, so I got that sorted out. But on my way to Ikea I decided to get off at a random train stop with Ikea in sight about a mile walk down the road. A lot of japanese folks were going into a building so I followed the crowd to see what was going on and I found this.....

Just another random day in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Moeterboater#p/a/u/0/BLTNDM1KuZ0

No comments:

Post a Comment